Testing your page
Before publishing, your page will be in Test Mode. This allows you to experience the donor journey, see how the system works and check how your data will be presented.
Testing the donation experience
To experience the donor journey by making some test donations:
- Log in and navigate to your page
- Click View Page
- Select an item and proceed as if you are making a donation (no card details required)
Payment processing is simulated in test mode, although notifications will be sent as though a genuine donation has been made. You should, therefore, notify your colleagues prior to testing to avoid any confusion.
We recommend clicking the menu button called Shuffle! a few times. This will allow you to see how the page might look as donations are received. As the page owner, you are the only person who will see this button.
Downloading test reports
After making some test donations, you may also wish to download some test reports to see how the data is presented. To do this:
- Navigate to Reports
- Set the date range you require
- Select the report you wish to download - a description is provided for each report
- Click Download to download a CSV file
You'll also be able to see full details of each transaction in Transactions.
Deleting test data
When you've finished testing, you can delete your test donations if you wish. Alternatively, you can leave them so that your page isn't empty for your first visitors.
To delete test donations:
- Navigate to your page
- Go to Donated Objects
- Click Delete Test Donations to delete all test donations