Using Page Groups
Page Groups is a useful feature to help you manage your fundraising pages for a single campaign or all year round. You can add pages to a group that you own and you can add individual pages once published by your supporters. Each group gives you a summary of figures for all pages within the group. Group information is also displayed on your dashboard, which gives you a useful at-a-glance summary.
Your account has two built-in groups:
- All charity pages - Any pages you publish using your charity account will be automatically added to this group
- All individual pages - Any pages published by your supporters will be automatically added to this group
The built-in groups cannot be deleted, although you can change the order the pages are displayed in the group.
Creating & deleting groups
You can create as many groups as you like. The system will notify you if you already have an empty or unused group when attempting to create a new one.
- Create a group - Click 'Create new group' from the sub menu at the top of the page.
- Delete a group - Click 'Delete group' from inside the group you want to delete.
Group options & settings
Display as campaign
If you are running a fundraising campaign across many pages, which may also include pages created by your supporters, set this option to 'Yes' to display a campaign section on your public charity profile page. This section will display clickable tiles of all the pages in the group and will also display a donation total for the entire group.
If your page group is for administrative purposes only, set this option to 'No'.
This option is useful for linking charity-created pages, especially if you are running a single campaign across multiple pages. When set to 'Yes', the system will do the following for all pages in the group:
- Create button links - This allows your page visitors to navigate between all the pages in the group. Up to two buttons will be displayed in the menu on each page, depending on how many online pages you have in the group.
- Find available objects - If a supporter clicks to find an object that is not available on the page they are currently on, they will be automatically navigated to a page where it is available. This only applies on pages using an identical template.
- Unify message search - When a visitor searches for a message, they will see results from all pages in the group, and will be navigated to the correct page if they are currently on a different one.
Auto add to group
Use this feature to automatically add pages to a group when they are first published. There are five settings:
- None - Disables this feature
- Charity pages - Adds pages published by the charity
- Individual pages - Adds pages published by your individual supporters
- Charity & individual pages - Adds all pages
- Specific template - Adds pages that are using a specific template. When this option is selected, an additional setting will appear to select a template. You can only select a template that you own.
The option will change the order of the pages displayed in the group. If you have 'Display as campaign' set to 'Yes', this will also determine the order of the page tiles displayed in a section on your profile page.
Pages in a group are listed in the order you have set and each line displays the title of a page, including some other useful information.
Add page to group
To manually add a page to a group, select a page from the drop down menu. This list contains all the available pages you can add, excluding pages that are already in the group.
Removing a page
If you want to remove a page from a group, simply click the red cross next to the page you wish to remove.
Navigate to page
The page ID and title is a clickable link to navigate to a page. If you own the page, you will be taken to the 'General Settings' of the page. If the page is owned by an individual supporter, you will be navigated directly to the page.
The symbol on the left side of each page in the list indicates the status of the page.